Friday, January 10, 2014

The Black Knight reflects on singing....and flesh wounds.

I have increasingly enjoyed our rehearsals as we've left a lot of the singing and dancing behind; now we pull out our swords and make competition. It has been a grueling exercise. I feel the dancing has left me shop and I am now resorting to daily exercises with my sword to regain my lost upper body strength.  So far this has proven a disadvantage as I square up against this Arthur fellow. A few sessions back he managed to score a hit on my left hand which still hasn't completely healed. Fortunately, I am not left handed. And it was only a flesh wound. I was able to finish the fight and send him scurrying off the stage with his squire tow. I was so pleased with myself that I even burst into song. Maybe those singing rehearsals weren't so needless after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment